Tuesday, August 02, 2005

WindowsITPro Writer Calls for Boycott of IE7

IE 7.0 Technical Changes Leave Web Developers, Users in the Lurch:

A rather prolific Windows blogger & journalist has called for a general boycott of Internet Explorer 7. I couldn't agree more with what he had to say.

"My advice is simple: Boycott IE. It's a cancer on the Web that must be stopped. IE isn't secure and isn't standards-compliant, which makes it unworkable both for end users and Web content creators. Because of their user bases, however, Web developers are hamstrung into developing for IE at the expense of established standards that work well in all other browsers. You can turn the tide by demanding more from Microsoft and by using a better alternative Web browser. I recommend and use Mozilla Firefox, but Apple Safari (Macintosh only) and Opera 8 are both worth considering as well."

I haven't used Internet Explorer in a LOOONG time. FireFox just has too many extensions (not to mention tabbed browsing) that I just couldn't browse without anymore. Plus - the only time I ever see a popup is when some poor soul has me clean up their computer...

So ditch Internet Explorer and start using any of the other browsers. (www.GetFireFox.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home