Friday, September 23, 2005

Opera - Now Free - Excellent Browser

Welcome to Opera.com

Opera is now advertising free for the full version. As a result, I downloaded it and took it for a spin. I must say that it really is a nice browser with a lot of great features.

The best thing about Opera is that it is by default extremely simple and clean. It looks to be ideal for any non-web savvy person. To that end, I'll install it for my grandmother and see what she thinks.

I will be sticking with FireFox because of the way it handles "Live Bookmarks" and for the plugins (mainly ForecastFox). However, it's nice to have options.

It will be interesting to see if this move takes away from Internet Explorer's usage or from FireFox. My bet is that it will take another big bite out of Internet Explorer in a relatively short period of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home